How To Sleep Your Way To Better Sex
Sleep is a weird part of human life. When we are kids we are forced to be in bed by a certain time…simply because it is known that without it kids will be tired, irritable and unfocused. And all kids fight it because…well it’s boring.
As soon as we can push the boundaries of sleep as kids to teens we go for it. Staying up late to watch TV, play games, talk on the phone etc. Once into our twenties we simultaneously want to stay up to party and are forced to stay up to study or work.
As fully integrated adults with children, bills, stress and more we can’t wait to go to sleep. My father would take naps in the car, in the middle of the afternoon, in front of the house just to get away from the ruckus my siblings and I were making.
Then as we get much older sleep is the “in” thing to do. That retirement sleep life is vicious. Going to sleep at 8 and getting up at 8 is always an option and many retirees take full advantage.
But the weird thing is that this was completely impossible less than 100 years ago. Electric lights changed the world and our sleep patterns. Before electricity your options for being able to see was limited to some form of fire which has its obvious limitations.
What Does This Have To Do With Sex?
Now all of this is good to know but what does this have to do with sex you ask? Everything!
Your body develops testosterone when you are asleep. That is the reason why healthy full of testosterone men wake up to morning wood. It is the reason why women enjoy that morning wood. Testosterone is the dominant “Let’s have sex” hormone for men and women.
Before electricity humans would go to sleep when it got dark mostly because there wasn’t much you could do except wonder around and get eaten. There was this thing called double sleep where people would sleep when it got dark, wake up in the middle of the night and have sex, meditate or just sit there, then go back to sleep and wake up at first light.
That is a lot of sleep going on. The decline of testosterone in men and women over the past century can be linked to sleep deprivation. If having a stronger libido doesn’t make you want to change your sleep pattern then maybe this will…
Two famous Korean models in their 50’s who are known for looking like they are in their 20’s both say the same thing…they get lots of sleep every night. The science backs them up since collagen, the material that fills in your skin and prevents wrinkles is only developed during sleep.
Much Better Memory
Your brain uses sleep as a time to go back over the day and reinforce the experiences you have had. Experiment after experiment shows that people with more sleep perform memory task better by 20% or more .
Quick Tips For Better Sleep
- Go to sleep at the same time every night. You know how you can set a babies feeding and sleeping schedule? Same thing applies to you in your adultedness.
- Turn off the TV and phone two hours before going to sleep. The light from both tells your brain it is sunny outside and time to be active. Not a great idea when trying to fall asleep.
- Make the room cooler (than the other side of the pillow). Your body reacts to the change in temperature much like it gets cooler at night.
- Take a warm shower or bath before turning in. It can be a calming way to knock you out quickly.
- There is an App for that. Check out the many apps that are available with sounds that help you get into a deeper sleep.
- Be consistent. One or two nights will not cut it. If you have been burning the midnight electricity for years, then you know less than a week won’t create the change you are looking for.
Quite simply, the more you sleep the smarter and better looking you will be which will go perfectly with the higher libido you will have.